Our patio has come a long way since we moved in.
- we tore down the ugly screens
- we power-washed the chipped paint off the ceiling
- Dylan replaced every two 2x4 supports with a single 4x4 post
- Dylan tore off the old flat shingled roof and replaced it with a pitched tin roof
- we primed and painted the ceiling and posts (with the help of friends)
- we cut down an ugly evergreen shrub/tree and improved the landscaping
This part took awhile, but we were already getting an idea of what the finished product would look like, which was exciting!
- muriatic acid: $8
- stiff bristle brush: $5
- rubber gloves: free (already had)
- 1/2 masking tape: $5 for 3 rolls
- concrete stain (2 gallons): $50
- blacking: $5
- concrete sealer: $25
Not bad at all!